Thursday, November 24, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


I love Thanksgiving. It sort of forces me to put on my rose colored glasses of gratitude. The days leading up and especially the actual day has me in the mindset that makes me realize that I have nothing to complain about in my life. Nope. Nothing.

This morning, I woke up, fumbled around for those rosy glasses on my nightstand and after I slid them on... Oh, lookey there! My whole room looks different! I've only been awake for 14 minutes, but already there is so much I've seen.

I'm thankful for this bed. It's warm, and safe, and comfortable.
I'm thankful for these legs that allow me to get up every morning and greet my family in the living room.
I'm thankful for good plumbing. And working pipes. Good showers and working toilets are not something to be scoffed at.
I'm thankful for laughter. For example, I walked out the living room this morning and saw my dad wearing plaid shorts. And I laughed.
I'm thankful for technology that allows me to wish friends and family that are far away a happy Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for the music that is coming out of my computer. It just makes things brighter.
I am thankful for my mom's car that is going to take us out to the desert in a couple of hours to celebrate this holiday with family who I love.
I am thankful for stretchy pants.

I mean, gee whiz, guys. See what I mean? Those are only the things I've noticed since I woke up this morning! Can you imagine the thankfulness possibilities that could reveal themselves if I wore these glasses all the time?!

Anyway, I've got to go get ready for the big T-Day.

See you in a little bit, Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment