Monday, July 30, 2012

Pie Week: Bubby's

The following is an exact transcription from note's taken live, on site, during pie consumption:

Bubby's Pies 
TriBeCa


Welcoming atmosphere
Very comfortable
I want to live and die in TriBeCa



Apple pie:
very apple-y... in a good way 
apples not overcooked
still maintain apple-like properties
crust could have been flakier
it seemed over worked, perhaps?


Peach Crumble:
 sweet, but not too sweet
very little peachy syrupy business going on
what I mean is that it's being sweetened by the peaches and not by goop 
could have used more crumble
...then again, can you ever have too much crumble? 
This remains to be seen in the following week. 


Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream: 
amazing
so so so fresh
I feel like I'm drinking cream straight from a cow's utters... in a good way

Pie not served hot
tisk tisk

Overall:
Tastes home made
Showcases the fruit
Overall Pie Week Grade: 94%


1 comment:

  1. Cant even begin to tell you how much I wish I was there to sample a million pies with you. You know how much I love my pie! But of course nothing will ever compare to your berry pie(: miss you! Seems like this has turned out to be an adventurous and enjoyable summer for you. Love you!
    -tenin

    ReplyDelete