Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Literary Giant


Sometimes I hear someone say a word that just...sings. And I make a mental note to myself: "Must start saying emulsify more." But, then, of course, the moment passes and the word is simply forgotten until I'm watching Top Chef and the word pops up again. Emulsify. Gosh. I gotta start using that word! So I've made it a habit that when I actually hear the word I am going to stop, write it down, remember it, AND USE IT. It's simply alarming how many times I use the words awesome or cool or excited when A) there are so many better words out there and b) the words awesome or cool or excited don't even describe how I feel!

I have developed a little list in the last few weeks and I thought I'd share.

Hobnob
Boondoggle
Bitchin
Persnickety
Zedus Lepidus
Word
Groovy

All together in a list, they sound sort of ridiculous-- something out of a disney movie, maybe-- but, I think about them each alone and in context. Great, right?

And if you're wondering... no, I still have not started my paper.

2 comments:

  1. ok, so you made me curious.... what the heck is Zedus Lepidus? I'm still not really sure, but when I googled it, I found this really fun blog that's sort of fashion (the author writes about D&G) that I thought I'd pass on! It is:http://lookforthewoman.blogspot.com/2008/04/zedus-lepidus-coincidence-major-nebula.html

    You might already know about it, but if not, checker out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zedus Lepidus!!!!! we were just talking about Zenon last night. And this little gem --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KygD_QLpKeU

    ReplyDelete