Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yesterday, I Made Salmon.

And it wasn't half bad.

For some reason, in all of the years that I have known how to cook, I have had some irrational fear of cooking fish. No matter how many times people told me it was the world's easiest thing to cook, it just seemed so impossbile to me.

But I love fish.

And when I'm living in Savannah, all I ever want is some salmon, asparagus and wild rice for dinner. But, no. I was so scared!

Finally, the other day, I was at Kroger getting ingredients for a delicious Chicken Curry that I was making and I passed the beautiful pink salmon in it's chilly shelf. And it was staring at me, laughing at me, daring me to pick it up.

So I did. I grabbed that salmon and I put it in my cart. And I felt like a boss. Super bad ass. And yeah, maybe it sat in my fridge for two days before I decided to tackle it for dinner, but I finally did last night.

This fish ain't no boss of mine.



The cast of tasty characters helping me out. Soy sauce, rice vinegar, mustard, brown sugar and garlic (that I decided to add in even though the recipe didn't call for it. I know. Crazy, right?) All of these ingredients and I are super friendly. It's just that darn salmon that looks so mean. 

So, then I mixed it all together and poured it on top.

And wrapped it up all snuggly. 

 Baked it for 12 minutes and VOILA! Pretty good, right?!

It was so easy! It took like 5 minutes to make! And so delicious! And I had leftovers!

...and then I forgot to put the tupperwear of leftovers in the fridge and found them out on the sink this morning. Boo. 

But I conquered my fear! And I'm gonna do it again soon. Look out Halibut! Look out Dover Sole! Here comes Trouble!

2 comments: