Friday, February 24, 2012

Burrito Bowl or Die

Tuesdays and Thursday are some of my favorite days of the week. I have class at 8am and I get out at 10:30 and then I'm done for the day. On Tuesdays it's nice because I have all day to get work done for a usually busy Wednesday, but on Thursday, it means that I have all day to either nap or eat. My faves. And what's so great is that most of my roommates have the same T/TR schedule so we can sleep and eat in harmony together.

Yesterday was 81 and beautiful and the only thing that could have made it better was some Mexican food. Alas, Savannah has nothing positive to offer in that regard. The closest thing to a legitimate burrito with chips and salsa is the Chipotle in Jacksonville, Florida. This is no El Toro Bravo or Los Primos, I'm aware, but when a 2 and a half hour drive separates you from happiness in the form of a carnitas bowl with pinto beans, medium salsa, corn, a little sour cream and a little cheese, by George, you take that drive. 

And take that drive we did. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the Zoolander throwback in the beginning...awesome! I think my housemates and I should make the same excursion...CHIPOTLE OR BUST!!!
    -Taryn

    ReplyDelete