Monday, March 12, 2012

Running on four hours of sleep.


Last night I slept for four hours. And it wasn't because of finals.

Yesterday afternoon, after a long span of blank computer staring, I barricaded myself in my room and finished my paper. It came to me like a thief in the night. Quick and sneaky. I was sitting at my desk for 2 hours and before I knew it, I had a whole essay about my house and my roommates. This is becoming a pattern, yeah? Sitting in Foxy Loxy: paper about Foxy Loxy. Sitting in my house: paper about my house. I think I'm on to something.

I pressed save and just like that, finals were over. Surreal. And wonderful. I was able to close out the night by going to a candlelight choir service at a local church with Spencer and our friend Lindsay. It was beautiful. And sitting in the dark church with the soft glow of the candles around us and the angelic voices echoing around us singing hymns was such an experience. And a perfect way to praise God for all he has done for me this quarter. And-- ironic-- there was a (literally) three minute sermon in between two songs and it was about the checklists of life and being able to feel closure in you life in the Lord. It was almost funny how appropriate the message was.

Anyway-- after the service (around 10:00), I downed a latte in about 10 minutes. This is bad for two reasons. 1) I shouldn't be drinking coffee at all because of how intensely it affects me and 2) I shouldn't even be NEAR coffee after 4:00 in the afternoon. Bad news. Moral of the story, I couldn't fall asleep until 2 in the morning and then, lucky me, I woke up at 6.

The best part is, it didn't even bother me! Post finals Julia is as cool as a cucumber because where there is lack of sleep, there is time to make up said lack of sleep. When I looked at my phone and saw that it was 6:05, I just laughed to myself and thought, 'Oh, pah, isn't that silly. I only went to bed 4 hours ago! No matter. I'll sleep eventually." And then I just sat in bed and smiled.

So, after I came back from dropping off my writing paper, I took a nice, long, guilt-free, celebration nap on the couch.

When I woke up, I went to my critique for Fashion Design. Ahh, yes. The end is near. I am very sleepy right now, but it don't matter. I'll get to bed eventually.

That is all I have to say. I'm going to go smile some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment