Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Hungry

I have to say that I am extremely jealous of all of the hooplah going on up north right now thanks to an unwelcome visit from one Hurricane Sandy. Because from what I hear, there is no real risk to anyone following instructions and avoiding going outside, so it seems that New Yorkers and tri-state area residents are just getting to stay home from work, make chocolate chip cookies and watch Nora Ephron movies. No fair! 

I, on the other hand, am experiencing beautifully blistery 56 degree fall weather with not a cloud in the sky. Hrumph. Maybe I'll throw an impromptu Hurricane Savannah party today and we can stock up on batteries and canned goods and use the phrase "batten down the hatches" and  at least pretend that our house is going to get blown over. Oh, wait... I can't. Because I actually have to go to class! Booooo!!!! 

PS- remember that time we had a "hurricane" in Savannah? (And I use air quotes and heavy eye rolling when saying the word "hurricane").

No comments:

Post a Comment