Friday, October 28, 2011

It's Me, Julia.

Today marks a very special occasion. Julia Patton has given me, Frances Russell, free reign of the writing portion of...her PERSONAL INTERVIEW. I am the guest, if you will. I gladly took this wonderful opportunity for two reasons: this blog is actually read by people and I get to share the experience of knowing Julia in a whole post. Here it goes...

Readers: You, most likely, have either grown up with Julia, are part of the great Burlingham/ Patton families, or have stumbled upon this blog becoming increasingly steady followers. One very sad thing of being college friends is we have not had a background of friendship and memories. I have; however, spent almost everyday with her for the past year and a half and have gotten to know Julia deeply. I’ll tell you what I have seen (in short). I’ll speak on behalf of my roommates when I say that they have experienced these things as well and have been truly blessed by them.

Julia is a talker. She often sees this trait in a negative light, but this is one of my favorite parts of Julia. In relation to her curiosity, she wants to know everything about you whether it is your current feelings, family situation, background, or even the backgrounds of all yours friends. Not only does she want to know you, she wants you to know her equally. She is an open book and wants you to know about every important relationship she has had. Lacking in the amazing gift of communicating my feelings (even not knowing them myself), I have appreciated her calling me out on different things or simply asking me what is wrong. To even go further, she is more than willing to spend her time slowly figuring the situation out and helping me resolve it. Each roommate brings something different to the table and creates a wonderful balance of personality. Julia has brought honesty and care. She has truly invested in me and I in her. I did not think I would so quickly have the the certainty of feeling loved here. And I do have exactly that. Thank you, Julia.

I could go on and on, but what would be the point of the interview? I know these interviews have been long. If you haven’t watched one of ours (you should go back and watch them now), you should set aside 20 minutes and take this opportunity to get to know Julia. In case that didn’t convince you- there are tears, political agendas, secrets revealed, recipes shared, AND a “most embarrassing moment” caught on film… take the risk. See for yourself.

4 comments:

  1. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhahahha. the pictures of your parents and kaitlin with accompanying music was perfect. i might have woken up my roommate i laughed so hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should come to manhattan and interview the coolest new yorker you know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, your family shout outs were great...my favorite definitely had to be Don's...classic! Second, you are not a slut and it was not super awkward that you could put lipstick on like that...in fact I was utterly AMAZED! Third, I love you and can't wait to see you so very soon.
    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete