Thursday, September 26, 2013

I'm not going to say I'm feelin 22, but I'm not going to say I'm not either.

Tuesday was m' birthday and I turned a whopping 22! 

Yikes. 

My amazing friends lessened the 'yikes' a little bit by distracting me all day with my two favorite things: food and attention.  

We planned on going to one of the more hip bars in Savannah for happy hour drinks and appetizers, but when we showed up at 5:50 like a group of senior citizens (come on! It was a Tuesday and we have homework to do!), the bar was closed (this only adding to my extreme insecurity about being the lame kid at the bar. I'm still relatively new to this whole drinking game, ya know). So we went with Plan B, which stands for Plan BETTER, and ended up having drinks and LOTS of cheese on the rooftop of one of my favorite restaurants in Savannah, Local 11 Ten

It was quiet and a warm Savannah breeze made it a perfect autumn evening. 




Ever the life of the party, Oli insisted that we ring in 22 with some Tequila. I'm really glad I did if for no other reason than the fact that I now have this picture of all of us that I absolutely love. 

(Once again, not the coolest drinker. That face. Really? Don't be such a baby, Patton.)

These gals sure know how to make a girl feel special. They all went around and affirmed me (before the shots), which made me feel like a million bucks and reminded me once again how extremely and ridiculously blessed I am to live here and have such cool, smart, fun, kind friends. I mean, I don't know if I've mentioned that on here before, but they're the tops. 

I'm glad I picked them. Just kidding.

A little earlier in the day, I even got a little sad, quiet and annoying thinking about the fact that this is my last birthday here in Savannah with all of these dweebs. I remember my very first birthday here four years ago, just a few weeks after I moved in. I barely had any friends and Spencer was going to be out of town for my birthday which basically cut down my friend group by about 65% right off the bat.  Remember this post? I sound so positive! "The Girl Who's Ready for Anything!" Come on, Julia. I feel ok telling you now that I was definitely totally lying. I felt lonely and wondered if Savannah would ever feel like home. Since then, I've had some of the best birthdays in my entire life (20) (21) thanks to these people and their (forced) understanding of the fact that I need birthday affection like Noah needs Allie. What will I do next year? Who will perform a choreographed dance for me at 6:00 in the morning to Birthday Sex? Who will help me pick out my birthday outfit? Who will make me do a shot, but also understand my very real fear of alcohol poisoning and won't push me to do more? Who will take pictures of me being all cute and birthday-ie without me having to ask? Who will talk me off the ledge when I'm freaking out about turning 23!? 

What an disaster adventure it will be. 

I'm going to go now emotionally eat the remainder of the chocolate soufflé Susie made me. 






(WHO WILL MAKE ME CHOCOLATE SOUFFLÉ NEXT YEAR?)

(PS- Cliche or not, this is basically an exact description of how I feel about life right now. "Happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time." Swifty knows.)

No comments:

Post a Comment