Friday, May 21, 2010

Thunder Down Under

Whenever I tell people where I'm going to school next year there are typically three reactions. 1) "SCAG? What's that?" 2)
"Savannah, Georgia? O wow. that's far." and 3) "Do you know how hot the south get's in the summer?" The answer to those questions are as follows: 1) "It's actually SCAD. Savannah College of Art and Design. In Georgia. No one's ever heard of it. (awkward laughing)" 2) "Yea, I'm excited though. I think I'm ready for a change. It'll be an adventure!" and 3) "Apparently. I've heard that a lot lately. Hopefully it won't be too bad." So, in reaction to those questions, I've been keeping tabs on the weather down in Savannah since deciding on going there, just to see what I'm getting myself into. The fall and winter seasons seem pretty mild and just slightly colder than what we have here, but today I looked at my little weather widget only to realize what all of those people were referring to.

This is Savannah's weather for the next week....
And This is Newport.....

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit alarmed at their major differences. Hot with a coastal breeze I can deal with but thundering humidity? Not ok. The comforting silver lining on this whole thing is that although I will be at SCAD for both ends of their hot, hot summer, the majority of my time will be in the cooler seasons so it won't be so bad...or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Either way, it will be one of those adventures that I tell people about in question 2, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment