Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I think that I have the best mother in the world. The relationship between a mother and a daughter is one of the most important parts of life. Some people are not as lucky as I am to not only have a such a great female role model in their life, but also to have such an amazing relationship with that same person. I truly do not want to know who I would be without my mom in my life. She has guided me, laughed with me, ate with me, taught me and unceasingly loved me for the past 19 years. Not only is she good at her job of being a mother by the traditional standards, but I also just really enjoy being around her and can honestly say that she is one of my best friends. There's a reason why I cried for the 8 block walk back to the dorm when she left to go home when I was in New York and there is a reason why I cry every time I think about her doing the same thing when I move down to Savannah. I must admit-- sometimes after I spit out a sentence, the words ring disbelief in my ears when I think to myself "Wow-- how mom-ish did you just sound?" or recently, with the almost identical hair cut I currently share with my mom, I catch a quick glance in the mirror and see her staring back at me. It is a little weird. But, Mom, you are kind, you are smart, you are funny (I know you hate it when people say that, but it's true!) and you are Godly. So, if becoming more and more like you is wrong, I don't want to be right. I think I have the best mother in the world. I hope you think that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment