Sunday, March 7, 2010

And the Academy Award goes to...

Boy, do I love the Oscars. I watch all of the awards shows, but there is something about the Oscars that feels extra special and memorable. My favorite part of the Oscars, like everyone else, is obviously those rare fashion moments where a beautiful celebrity walks down the red carpet in a gown perfect for her in every way and an iconic fashion moment is made. Sigh. So, I am going to share with you my favorite Academy Awards fashion moments because this is my blog so my opinion is the only one that counts. (These are in no particular order)

I loved Diablo Cody in this leopard print dress. Fashion critics gave it mixed reviews, but I thought it was totally memorable and totally her. Everything from the simple gold flats to the skull and crossbones earrings was playful but still appropriate.


Cate Blanchett can do no wrong in my book and there are about 5 other great Oscar moments we get from her, but this dress just fit her perfectly and brought back that old Hollywood glamour in a creative way with the fabric color choice.


The color of this Charlize Theron dress makes me want to scream. I never get tired of ice blue and this dress is no exception. It's basically the quintessential modern day Cinderella.


Here we have Cher. Love her or leave her-- it's Cher. This dress will forever be on the worst dressed list, but there is something about it that makes me love it and her even more-- especially because she picked up the Oscar for one of my faves, Moonstruck.


Natalie Portman looked so fresh and young in this dress. It was so angelic and whimsical, but modern and unique. I think the best part of this ensemble is the choice of hairstyle and the headpiece. It added just enough youth to such a young and already iconic actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment