Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Haig

Before I Christmas break ended, Kaitlin and her other very adult, very mature, post-graduate friends told me to never pass anything up at the end of college because of homework. So far, I'm really taking that principle and running with it. This weekend, Claire, Spencer, Oli and I went to Haig point for a quick 36 hour "One Week Down, 9 More to Go" celebration vacation. It was spur the moment, it was rainy, it was unplanned, it was quiet and it was perfect. 

The ferry ride from Hilton Head to the island was honestly nearly enough for me and we could have just turned around and gone straight home right then. It is so peaceful and somehow we always luck out and take it right during sunset. Oh the glory of it all. 

We packed a bunch of food and spent Friday night cooking, drinking cheap wine and talking. Quite romantic, really. (Or, as my mom would say, 'rotic,' which means 'romantic' without the 'man.') I always wonder when the day will come when we will all run out of things to talk about, but it hasn't come yet. Then again, I never really seem to run of things to say anyway, I suppose. 

On Saturday, we took a golf cart ride around the island. It was super misty and kind of icy feeling and it felt like we were the only people on the whole island. We found a dock on the very tip of the island that had an abandoned (we think) blue sailboat. If there's one thing I've learned in college, it's how to take full advantage of the self-timer app on my camera phone. 


We all packed just one change of clothes for the whole weekend and didn't bring any makeup so some of the pictures were a little rough looking, but I already treasure them so much. 


Right as we were ready to leave the beach and head back to the house, the sun broke through the clouds and left the sky with this warm, pink glow for the rest of the evening. 
This will not be the last of Haig Point, if I have anything to say about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment