Monday, April 30, 2012

Mama needs a break.


Midterms chewed me up and spit me out. This last week has been mentally, emotionally, creatively and physically tiring. If I were a drinking man, this would be high time to head down to my local watering hole to spend some quality time putting myself deep into a post midterms stupor. Instead, I look to Oreos and milk to reset my outlook on the next 5 weeks of classes.

Last night I stayed up until 4:00am. This is the second Sunday in a row this has happened. I don't like it. Neither does my personality. The hilarious, slap-happy version of tired Julia came and went days ago and what remains is a lifeless shell of a human who fell asleep standing up putting lotion on her legs this morning. True story. It was only for a second, but it still happened. And that counts for something.

That's all I have to give you right now. I'm going to take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. OMG -- Kaitlin only got 3 hours' sleep, I only got 3 hours' sleep (red eye flight home), Daddy only got 5 hours' sleep and you didn't get much either... If we'd had the technology, we all could have talked to each other at 3:30 am Eastern! Darn... maybe next time.... hopefully, there won't be a next time!

    Love you -- hang in there sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete