Sunday, September 25, 2011

A little pro pro for the birthday girl.


We've discussed this before. Usually I'm on top of things. I really hate procrastination when it comes to homework, because I am DEFINITELY not one of those people who spits out her best work under extreme pressure. But today was different.

In a post birthday (and "in my twenties") world, I just couldn't get my act together. It started out strong... I got up at 8 and had my morning devotions... but at about 10 or so, something went downhill.

I won't even waste our time with a rehashment (is that a word?) of what I did all day, but let's just put it this way: I didn't put a bra on until about 9:00PM and my first steps outside our front door came at about 10:45 to get my notebook out of my car. Oops.

So, here is sit, at 12:05, with a hot mug of vanilla tea and my glasses on and it's go time. I have a small paper to write and then I can hit the hay. That's not bad, right?

Wish me luck.

*Real quickly, let me just address the pink elephant in the room-- AKA my bangs. I understand they look somewhat like a hairy octopus on top of my head. You can laugh and point. This is what happens when I let them air dry. Hardy har har.

CLOCKING IN AT 1:03. I just finished my paper and I must say, not bad. Not bad at all. 

1 comment: