Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!



Mommy, I love you. You are honestly the best mom in the world. And for all you people out there doubting me, I can prove it:
  1. You're always happy in the morning. And you woke up every morning with us for 15 years even though you didn't have to go to school.
  2. You never cut the crust off of my sandwiches because apparently, that's he healthiest part (which I still don't totally buy because it's made out of the same stuff as the rest of the loaf)
  3. You always know what the weather is going to be for the next day. It's like you can read Dallas Raines mind or something.
  4. You hug me when I'm crying. Even though at first I never want to be hugged, you know I secretly do.
  5. You never say no to desserts. Except most of the time at restaurants because they are such a rip off. So we usually get ice-cream or something instead.
  6. You have the best advice. With my friends, with my family, with my money, with my fears, you know the answer to just about everything. And you're always right-- which sometimes breeds conflict because I'm always right too.
  7. You get frustrated ("I'm not mad, I'm just frustrated") with me. When I'm being a spaz and you say things like "You don't have to make everything into a joke. Sometimes it's ok not to be funny." you've stopped me from being an annoyingly-never-serious-person.
  8. With that being said, a lot of the times I get out of being in trouble when I can make you laugh. Maybe Kaitlin doesn't think that makes you the world's best mom, but I appreciate it.
  9. You're a real person. Something that I realized for the first time this year (that may sound silly or obvious) is that you are just a girl like me. A bit older and with a few more life lessons learned, but you have emotions and goals and fears just like me. This has so much to do with why you are such a great mom.
  10. Everyone loves you. Even when I feel like I've met every single person in the world who says "Oh, I absolutely love Linda Patton," more and more seem to pop out of the woodwork.
They love you and I love you because you are an amazing woman who is not only smart and beautiful but a delight to be around. You are someone who I can learn so much from everyday and I am so so so glad that I am your daughter.

I love you! I love you! I love you!!!!!!!!

(For the record: there are way more than 10 reasons why you're a great mom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment