Sunday, August 29, 2010

Surprise!

Another great weekend. My amazing friends threw me a great going away surprise party on Saturday. What I thought was just going to be a good ol' fashion sleepover chocked full of cookie dough and chick flicks ended up being a blindfolded drive and delicious dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with some of my favorite people.

So, when I walked up to the Cashion's house, pj's and toothbrush in tow, I have to admit that I had no inkling of any monkey business....Until Rachel answered the door. As it swung open, an eerie quiet filled the room until I saw Casey and Rachel coming towards me with a blindfold in hand. That's when it clicked. "Here we go," I thought to myself as they giggled and tied a pink bandana around my head.

Then, I cautiously piled into Casey's car, still carrying my sleepover bag and held on tight as we took a driving trip around Newport. Trying to throw me off, we managed to make a typically 5-10 minute drive to Fashion Island roughly 30 minutes as Casey navigated us around the Back Bay. In the picture, it looks like a beautiful drive. Not that I would have known.

Once at Fashion Island (I still had no idea where in the world we were) Rachel and Casey led me through the mall still completely blindfolded. They had way too much fun guiding me down stairs and up curbs and fully taking advantage of the fact that I was at their complete mercy. Thank again, Rach, for conveniently forgetting to tell me about that last step.

After making our way through Nordstrom (I knew because of the sudden wave of perfume that engulfed my nostrils the second they opened the door) and a good majority of the rest of Fashion Island we made it to the Cheesecake Factory.

Finally unveiled, I saw nine of my favorite girls smiling back at me.

Dinner was fabulous and I could not have asked for a better send off than spending the night with such influential and meanginful people in my life. Thanks again, Casey and Rachel for putting together such a great surprise....Now, one question: Who in the world am I supposed to hang out with for the next 10 days since I already said to goodbye to everyone!?

No comments:

Post a Comment