Thursday, July 8, 2010

Oh, Honey!

Ok, I love writing on this blog, but there are some posts that I get extra excited about. Today is one of those days. This post is all about Kaitlin and her love for the bees. And, people... she loves the bees. My sister is not only smart, funny and beautiful, but she's got some crazy hobbies too.
Last night, I had the pleasure of attending the first annual World Wide Honey Consortium, the brain child of my dear sister, at our home with a group of close friends also with an interest in the nectar of the bees. We sampled honey from around the world and then evaluated their similarities and differences on handmade scorecards ultimately reading them aloud and comparing notes. The night was truly an epic success that left me wanting more. This morning I woke up with so many questions about bees and the underground world of the honey collector. So, Kaitlin and I sat down to talk a bit more and I was amazed at her extensive knowledge. We put together this video to share with you, my lovely readers. It's a little long, but bear with us-- every minute is extremely valuable! ...and you better like it because it literally took me 3 hours to upload online.

Honey, Honey. from julia patton on Vimeo.

I had a blast filming it with the help of two lovely ladies, Megan Meade and Leanne Parsons, and I hope you enjoy and learn. Please comment with your thoughts. They make my day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see that you both took my advice on the sitcom idea - hadn't even considered a reality show, but I have a feeling Jake is available if you need additional cast-mates!

    ReplyDelete