Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Favorite Pictures of 2014: Part I

When I think about 2014, I think pictures. With iPhones and Instagrams and Instaxes, there are visual associations that are synonymous with moments and subjects; the yellow house, my running impala dress, Eckburg 202, selfies, New York City, graduation, Philly... 

So I pulled some of my favorites together-- opened my iPhoto and dragged and dropped anytime I saw a picture that made my brain smile. 

You guys. I pulled 153 pictures. I mean, there were only 365 days in this year, so let's talk about all of the brain smiling that went down last year. I paired that down to 76 and was going to keep slimming but then I was like... my blog, my rules. So 76 pictures (give or take) (I might have added a few more back in) there will be (in a few installments). What can I say? 2014 was big for me.

(Some have been blogged before, some have not)
(Some deserve a caption, some do not)

The New Year through Graduation

Ok, so technically, this was 2013, but it felt right to start with the new year. I also love my dress. 

The first day of winter quarter with Susie and Lindsay. We took perhaps 10 different pictures and Lindsay's eyes were closed in every single one. 

Portfolio with Topher and corner that we ruled. 

Daufuskie Island and the boat we trespassed. 



Grace and Ben forever and the smell of Fireball forever making me nauseous. 


Carol Harris, the single most influential professor I had in college, with her most loyal fans. 


One of my most favorite weeks of 2014 and also maybe college was the cold snap Savannah received in February and the nearly week long cancellation of classes that followed. Winter was heartily embraced. 


When Zach visited.




At Abe's.


Many a morning spent with these two women at Foxy Loxy. This picture is in Lindsay's bed because even after going to Foxy maybe three times a week, I couldn't find one picture of the three of us there. An actual fact that deserves repeating for the rest of time is that I would not have finished my senior project/senior year/college without them. 

My official interview outfit.

My galentines. 


A whole lotta shit went down in this kitchen. 

And even more at the this island.

This little flerm worked what little ass she has completely off for her Senior Thesis. In this moment, her work wasn't even half way completed but I was so proud of her. 

Final winter critique.

And the mandatory supportive Back in the Day run that followed. 

This is college.

Mom and I in New York for Spring Break.

Baille Younkman. A support and flame of creativity. 

Spencer. My favorite picture of us ever.

My sweet room in Savannah.



Happy 30th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

My mom's side of the family. 

Juarez Beergaritas and my best friends. 

My team.

Easter and the yellow house.



The Farmer's Daughter is Getting Married


Jury Show. Over. 


Kind of the most and the best and the definiteliest. And just about nine million and two other things. 

All of them and together. 

I felt how proud of me they were this day. 


One of the coolest moments. 

Followed by another one of the coolest moments. Here's to being pushy and wearing matching white. 

Carol & Melissa

The front cover of the book I write about what best friends look like. 

One of the most bittersweet days of my life. 

An end to it all.

More proud of these pigtails and the body and lady that is attached to them than I even know what to make of it. 


Graduated and sweaty.





No comments:

Post a Comment