Thursday, October 3, 2013

I've Taken a Lover


Guys. I have a confession to make. It's not easy for me to say.
But, you should know...



That I've been cheating on you.



With another writing source. To be more specific... a typewriter.


Please! ...Don't cry. Let me explain.

It was all innocent at first... about a month ago, my parents gave me a typewriter for my birthday (thanks, guys) but little by little, I found myself choosing to spend time with it instead of my computer. I was sharing things with this typewriter that I never shared with you all, on the blog-- an outlet that allowed me to truly be unedited, but in a practice that requires a much slower outcome. No deleting. One key at a time. A private collection of paper and ink. There's something just so magical about it-- the way that I can make mistakes and it doesn't judge me for it with a squiggly red line... the soft hum of acknowledgment it gives me as I type merrily away. Before I knew it, I'd fallen deeply, deeply in love.

Sometimes, you just get caught up in the moment and before you know it, you've done something you never thought you'd do. I never intended to hurt you, and this doesn't erase all of the great times and memories we've shared, but it's been three weeks and suddenly, things have gotten out of hand.

Anyway...

I'm not willing to give up on either of you just yet. I think we can make this new, modern, sophisticated, relationship work. It's going to take honesty. And sharing. But I feel like this will be good for us.

Now,  I know, this is all so hard for you to hear, but I just want you all to know that you've done nothing wrong-- it's not you, it's me. I know you might be having feelings of confusion, or betrayal, or anger. And I want you to know that it's ok to feel all of those things. Please, take your time to accept this. I feel we can grow stronger because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment