Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Wild Friday Night

Are you sick of all of these posts about finals? Because I definitely am. But the fact that this morning I put shaving cream in my hair instead of shampoo tells me that finals are still very alive and well. So I blog about finals. Not because I want to. But because I have to. (And also because besides how tired and scramble-y I feel, I can't think of one single thing even remotely noteworthy to discuss.) Fair warning: I am quite tired and have lost all clever pithiness when it comes to my writing. I hope this post isn't as painful to read as I feel that it's going to be. 

Anyway, I thought you might want to see a few pics from the comings and goings of a day in the life of a fashion student in finals mode. Just a few pics for the old scrapbook, if you will. 

Here Susie, Lindsay and I are partaking in the age old tradition of lunch. What a wonderful tradition it is. Susie recently discovered that one of my favorite places in Savannah, a cheese and wine shop called "Form" serves lunch. So we decided to give it a try. While everything on their menu sounded absolutely delicious, nothing sounded very good to me except for their famous cheesecake which I've wanted to try for almost two years now. And when I saw they had a few slices of their espresso Kahlua  flavored variety, I decided I'd go for it. Yolo. Cheesecake and a water bottle. Works for me. 

In case you ever wondered what I was referring to when I say "the building" or "Eckburg," this is it. Or, this is part of it. The whole fashion building is quite large, but this room is the only room on the third floor and where I typically work. It is huge and has really high ceilings and big windows. It's sort of funny being in there on nights like last night because everyone is really focused on their work and super tired so it's usually extremely quiet. When I first started taking my major classes at the building, I used to hate how quiet it was because I thought people were too shy or thought they were too cool to talk, but the further along I get in the program, the more I find myself getting annoyed with the younger students who don't understand the unspoken rule of respecting the quiet.* I am such an old lady. Also, people say this room is haunted. But I don't buy it. 

Here I am taking a break from working, eating Wendy's and catching up on Keelyn and Kaitlin's blog about their adventures in Ireland. (By the way, those geese sound terrible... do you think anyone would miss them if you guys maybe just... took care of the issue... if ya know what I mean?) At this point you're probably thinking, "Cheesecake for lunch, Wendy's for dinner?" I know. It's bad. And I have no defense for it. Besides the fact that it's finals and that it's Winter so I'm allowed to be a little of the softer side on the hip scale. ...but, I promise, I don't usually eat this bad... I don't know. Maybe I do. Why am I apologizing to you? I ATE A BURGER AND FRIES LAST NIGHT FOR DINNER AND I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. 


Well, I think that's it. I don't want to be finished writing this because that means that I have to face the day head on and get back to work, but it has really been lovely chatting with you. I can't wait for this week to be over so I can fly my little watusie back to sweet California. But until then, I'll wear a mumu and Uggs with a cup of hot tea and my hand and the promise of good grades in my heart. 

*Unless, of course, you're Susie or me who are more than allowed to yell at each other from across the room. Or make loud moans of despair when we realize we've sewn something in wrong. 

2 comments:

  1. Pithiness is alive and well! Persevere, my sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the reference. And there is a new goose video. P.S. we both think you were plenty funny and plenty awesome. We have a crush on you -- there we said it. Kait and Kee

    ReplyDelete