Saturday, September 11, 2010

An Update

Ok, So I got a concerned e-mail from one Casey Page this morning wanting to find out all the details of moving in and I found it a perfect prompt for my post today.
This is what the e-mail said:
"okay. so i need an update. how was orientation? how was moving in? how was your first night? how was saying goodbye to your parents? how are the roommates? how is the room? have your boxes arrived? how is savannah? how are YOU?"
Well, Casey and Everybody else, this is what I have to say.
Orientation was a waste of time, so we're not going today. Moving in was very long and hot, but after a lot of planning, our room is near perfect. Other than Spencer's broken desk, I am quite pleased with the way everything has turned out. The room is a lot bigger than I expected so we were able to kind of section it off into little rooms to make it feel more homey. Thanks to the Malinski family, we have a beautiful couch, two great rugs and a section of shelves to display everything from oreos, to magazines. I'm on the top bunk. And when I say top bunk, I mean top bunk. We lofted all the beds, so mine is quite a hike (and a fall) from the floor. Our first night in the dorms was fun. We got a very interesting visit from two guys down the hall (one from Kansas and one from New Jersey) but more on that later. But I slept great and didn't fall off the bed, so that was a success. I haven't said goodbye to my parents. They are leaving tomorrow morning, so the final goodbye is still looming ahead today! :( Sadness. But we got to go the Crab Shack for dinner last night just the three of us and nothing says happiness like 1/2 lb. of boiled shrimp. I really like my roommates so far and its still kind of awkward living with someone that you are still getting to know, but I think that we'll all be a good fit for the rest of the year-- I just hope I'm not bugging them by asking a lot of questions and texting all the time, but their the only ones I know! My boxes got here all safe and sound which was a blessing. Savannah is beautiful and hot but today we had our first thunder storm with rain and lightening and that was pretty awesome! One minute it was sunny and the next, there was a torrential downpour for about an hour. Walking tour=cancelled. One of the good things about the rain is that it cooled everything down from 92 to 77 degrees. More rain, please!
All this to say that I'm having a great time so far and I can't wait to really explore the city and get comfortable here. I'm going to put up pics of the room later, but I'll give you with this little teaser from my camera phone:



MISS YOU ALL. LOVE YOU ALL. PRAYING FOR YOU ALL.

2 comments:

  1. What a great start!
    Thinking of you!
    Aunt Beth Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower/fan! I really like the writing style of bushka and think it is a great way to keep up with the cute bushka. Thanks for sharing!! Love you lots and think you are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete